Thursday 23 September 2010

//FOOG events and updates! ♥

The past week or so has been a bit hectic and crazy so this is a FOOG update of what foodie things are happening. Here goes...

1. My food section for Issue 2 of Play is sorted and London Student will be out next Monday (27th September). Another reason why you should pick up a copy is because yours truly is lurking on the cover of Play and the double page spread with some lovely, lovely people!

2. Jun Tanaka, one of my favourite men ever (his book is truly awesome) and Mark Jankel are opening a Food Kitchen on 5th October to celebrate London Restaurant Festival with some beautifully cooked and locally sourced awesomeness. Home-made Brioche, home smoked salmon, braised featherblade of beef with celeriac mash, roasted butternut squash salad and blackberry cheesecake are all on the menu...if that isn't enough to convince you, all profits are going to Action Against Hunger as well.

Prices start at £4.50 and max out at £6.50 which is a STEAL. Be there, or be...hungry, I guess. If you really can't make it, they're also going to be at two other London landmarks which are yet to be revealed so keep your eyes peeled!

3. If you're not a massive fan of Leon, then you should be - I picked up this cutesy postcard advertising their banana split the other day and I can't wait to try it. The banana is ethically sourced, the ice cream is organic and it's topped with Montezuma's 75% chocolate flakes which is better than the cheap waxy stuff you get in most banana splits these days. DROOL.

 4. Hummingbird Bakeries Soda Cupcake Range is out! I won't deny it, I've recently accused them of being a bit OTT cutesy and twee (and I usually like cutesy tweeness!) but I'm not impartial to their Red Velvet cake because it's the best I've had so far in London.  I suppose the novelty with this Soda Range is that the flavour changes from day to day and the rota goes like so:


Mon: Cherry Cola/ Tue: Grape Soda/ Wed: Lemonade/ Thu: Orangeade/ Fri: Cola/ Sat: Cream Soda/ Sun: Root Beer


I'm not sure about the Cherry Cola and Root Beer because I'm not a great fan of either but I'm going to be popping along on a Grape Soda or Cream Soda day soon, so will let you know whether I end up gurgling on the pavement in South Ken from excess sugar consumption. Yum!

That's it for today folks! Please feel free to leave feedback and I hope this has enticed you into going to some of these events. I will be posting an healthy and insanely simple in time for the weekend but I'm keeping schtum until then!

Next biggie update will on Monday which will be fashion AND food focussed...I know, I spoil you guys don't I? :P