Monday 30 May 2011

Garlic & Shots: TAKE II

Ooh-er.

They have finally redeemed themselves! I decided to be generous (haha) and give them another chance because I’m nice and everything was pretty much perfect.

We shared the garlic bread and mushrooms which were weirdly cold and came with an odd yellow garlic mayo type dip, but it was pretty nice all the same. We also tried the honey and garlic ribs which were amazing. It was smothered in a syrupy, sticky garlic infused coating which was just perfect. It was served with perfectly crisp potato skins and a baked head of garlic (I managed half before actually seeing cartoon green garlic fumes everywhere) and coleslaw on a huge platter. Sharn had the garlic pasta which was apparently very yummy. 

Portions were HUGE. I’m pretty sure the ribs were meant to be for two, but I demolished pretty much all of it anyway because my food baby needed feeding up post exams. Service was fab, our waiter was amazing despite being the only one working on a busy night and I’ll be returning for definite – no sign of ‘Burger King’ lady. Hurrah! :)